The Smederevo Fortress is a fortress in Smederevo, which was erected by the despot of Serbia Đurađ Branković (1427-1456) at the mouth of the Jezava River in the Danube in the second quarter of the 15th century (from 1428).The fortress is classically guided by its type (surrounded by the Danube and Jezava, and from the south by an artificial chain linking two rivers).A great design of fortifications can be seen from the fact that on this point, since the end of Serbian construction in the mid-15th century and the Ottoman addition of four artillery towers in 1480, no modifications were made until the end of its military use in the second half of the 19th century,after being handed over to Prince Mihailo Obrenović (1839-1842, 1860-1868), with a few more fortresses, in 1867. The fort has suffered significant destruction during world wars from bombing and explosions.Today, the Great City is largely in ruins and exposed to the teeth of time, while in the small town of the Small City, conservation and restoration works   have been made, with which the appearance was somewhat restored, and the entire fortress was under the protection of the state since 1946.The small town is often the site of cultural and sporting events, and during the Smederevo autumn it became the cultural capital of Smederevo and a venue of numerous performances and concerts.
Recent articles See more
WE NEED HEALTH but also some ECONOMIC POWER in this Invisible War! Cryptotab Is Helping a lot! Here 3 Images with the PROOF!!!
AGAINST CORONAVIRUS - Cryptotab Browser BITCOINS - It's also our War with the Free Bitcoin Browser (Chrome based)!!