Personal Information We Collect
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect personal information from you when you use our Services.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Your email address when you register for an account with us.
- In some instances you may provide identifying information such as name, location, telephone number, age, gender, interests and favorites when you choose to complete your profile details.
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account.
- Financial information (such as bank account numbers or Paypal identifiers) in connection with a transaction.
- You may also provide us other information through the social media functions by posting or adding information, through your participation in discussions, chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
How we use your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfill an agreement with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- To provide access to and use of our Services (especially, to allow you to post and manage your content), account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customize site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- To give you access to your internal messages and other features.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to pay or collect fees or monies owed, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- We use general location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content).
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences.
- Contact you via email in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law.
- Contact you about public policy matters, or other current events, related to your ability to use our Services. This could include an invitation to join a petition, letter writing, call or other sort of public policy related campaigns.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates).
- Monitor and improve the information security of our site and mobile applications.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We may use technologies considered automated decision making or profiling. We will not make automated-decisions about you that would significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are required by law to use such technology.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
You can control the methods by which we may contact you in your profile configuration page. There, you can also choose which newsletters and promotions you want to receive.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received, change your marketing preferences in your profile configuration page, indicate your communication preferences using the method described within the direct communication from us or contact us as described in the Contact Us section below. Keep in mind, we do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Staying Signed in
When you sign in to your account within the App, you stay signed in. If you use our website (including through a mobile device), you will stay signed in for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you to sign out at the end of your session.You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization.
If you attempt to change your password, or request a payment you will be requited to perform a confirmation action via your registered email address.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal information.
Ways you can access, control, and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
Access, correction, and deletion of your personal information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate. Keep in mind, once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. The usernem is a unique identifier and not considered part of your personal details.
We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws. Your information will be deleted after 3 months if no legal requirement is made to us to provide such information.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law
We may disclose your personal information to the legal authorities for the following purposes:
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, device ID, IP address, fraud complaints, offers and listing history.
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Change of Ownership
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Our specific retention times for personal information are documented in our records retention schedules. How long we retain personal information can vary significantly based on context of the Services we provide and on our legal obligations. The following factors typically influence retention periods:
- Maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records.
- A shortened retention time is generally appropriate for sensitive information.
- Financial record such as payments require a legal period of retention.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
How do we protect your Personal Information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been accessed without authorisation you must contact us immediately so we can take the appropiate actions. Tuetego is not responsible of the user's negligence at the time of protecting access details or sensible data that could lead to the unauthorised access of the account.
Other important Privacy Information
This section describes some additional privacy information related to your use of our Services that you may find important.
When you share your personal information on our sites or applications – what happens?
Other users have access to the information you share on Tuetego. For example, other users can see your posts, associated commentsor published media. Other users can also see any information you chose to share in your profile.
When you use our Services, your public user ID may be displayed and available to the public and associated with all of your public Tuetego activity. Notices sent to other users about suspicious activity and notice violations on our sites may refer to your public user ID and specific items. If you associate your name with your user ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name may then be able to identify your Tuetego activities.
Your responsibilities over information you receive on Tuetego
When you correspond with another user and receive personal information of the other user (such as their name, email address, contact details, shipping and billing address) you are, independent from us, the controller of such data and you must comply with the applicable privacy laws.
Unwanted or threatening email
Our websites are general audience websites and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws.
Third Party Privacy Practices
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your personal information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are bidders, buyers or sellers on our site.
You can also email us at email@example.com or reach us in writing at:
1 Furzeground Way
Stockley Park, Uxbridge UB11 1BD
Your right to file complaints with a data protection supervisory authority remains unaffected.
We may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific product or service.