Created on 30/04/2018 bymilenazoran
1. Carbohydrates give us energy and protect our muscles. They are the main energy source for our body. There are carbohydrates in bread, sugar, potatoes, pasta, rice...
2. Fats make us strong and give us energy. There are fats in meat, butter and cheese, oil...
3. Vitamins are important for our eyes, our skin, our bones, our hair and for other parts of our body. There are 13 types of vitamins ( A,B,C, and so on). Vitamins can be found in many types of food.
4. Protein helps us to grow and gives us energy. There is protein in meat, fish, milk...
5. Water is important for our blood. It also cleans our body from the inside. So we need to drink lots of water every day.
6. Minerals make our bones and teeth strong. There are different types of minerals in milk, vegetables, eggs, meat, cereals and many other foods.
7. Fibre cleans the inside of our body. There is fibre in nuts, beans, cereals...
What is important to know here is that there is danger of :
- high in carbohydrates
- high in sugar and salt
- high in fats
- low in fibre
- low in vitamins