By mila7272
321 days ago

Barony Hall

.
Barony Hall, also known as Barony Church, is a red sandstone Victorian Gothic church located on Castle Street in Glasgow, Scotland, near the Glasgow Cathedral and the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. Together with the Glasgow Cathedral and oldest surviving house, Provand's Lordship, which are both near Glasgow's historical High Street, Barony Hall establishes its place as a city's heritage and a fine example of Gothic architecture. The Old Barony Church was built as a part of the Barony Parish in Glasgow by architect, James Adams. It opened in 1799 and served ceremonial and other congregational purposes. The replacement for the old building was designed by J.J. Burnet & J.A. Campbell and raised in 1889, and incorporated architectural artifacts from the old church and a number of other relics.
The New Barony Church was acquired by the University of Strathclyde in 1986. It was restored to its former glory by 1989 and is now utilized as a ceremonial hall, as well as serving other university purposes, known as the Barony Hall.

More images

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
321d
DAIANAGABAR Great
Reply
321d
321d
soncee Beautiful artikle dear
Reply
321d
321d
rmtm198 Good post
Reply
321d
321d
DalianaFrusy Beautiful
Reply
321d
321d
dorageorg Gteat
Reply
321d
321d
carmen3521 Great 1..
Reply
321d
320d
Lucia5 Super
Reply
320d
320d
Deliana Great article! 💕
Reply
320d