5 cups full cream milk
1/2 cup sugar
4-5 green cardamoms
12-15 almonds-blanched, shredded
2 Tbsp pistachios-blanched, shredded
Vark leaves(silver leaves) to decorate
1. Boil the milk in a wide, heavy-based pan.
2. Add the sugar and cardamom and simmer over low heat.
3. Do not stir too often, as a layer of cream should form over it.
4. After the layer is formed, push it away from the sides towards the centre, stir the milk below it gently to avoid scorching.
5. Repeat the process till one-third of the volume of milk is left.
6. The time taken will depend on the richness of the milk and the vessel.
7. The wider the vessel and the richer the milk, the faster it will thicken.
8. When done, the colour changes to a beige-cream, and the cream that was pushed aside, collects in layers.
9. Remove from heat. When cool, transfer to a serving dish.
10. Garnish with vark leaves(silver leaves) and nuts. Chill and serve.