By mila7272
1 years ago

Barony Hall

.
Barony Hall, also known as Barony Church, is a red sandstone Victorian Gothic church located on Castle Street in Glasgow, Scotland, near the Glasgow Cathedral and the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. Together with the Glasgow Cathedral and oldest surviving house, Provand's Lordship, which are both near Glasgow's historical High Street, Barony Hall establishes its place as a city's heritage and a fine example of Gothic architecture. The Old Barony Church was built as a part of the Barony Parish in Glasgow by architect, James Adams. It opened in 1799 and served ceremonial and other congregational purposes. The replacement for the old building was designed by J.J. Burnet & J.A. Campbell and raised in 1889, and incorporated architectural artifacts from the old church and a number of other relics.
The New Barony Church was acquired by the University of Strathclyde in 1986. It was restored to its former glory by 1989 and is now utilized as a ceremonial hall, as well as serving other university purposes, known as the Barony Hall.
1 years
DAIANAGABAR Great
1 years
1 years
soncee Beautiful artikle dear
1 years
1 years
rmtm198 Good post
1 years
1 years
DalianaFrusy Beautiful
1 years
1 years
dorageorg Gteat
1 years
1 years
carmen3521 Great 1..
1 years
1 years
Lucia5 Super
1 years
1 years
Deliana Great article! 💕
1 years